Questions and Further Information


ページ番号1007104  更新日 平成31年2月20日


Please contact the following offices for more information on schooling and education in Japan.
*Inquiries are only taken in Japanese unless otherwise indicated.

For compulsory education (elementary and junior high school)

Compulsory education is handled by individual municipal Boards of Education. You may also try contacting your local International Association for advice. Please see the list below for contact information for your local BOE.

For senior high school and other prefecturally-run schools

Senior high schools and special needs schools are run by the prefectural Board of Education.

Iwate Prefectural Board of Education
Japanese name: 岩手県教育委員会 (Iwate-ken Kyouiku Iinkai)
Address: 10-1 Uchimaru, Morioka City
Japanese address: 盛岡市内丸10-1
Google maps

Phone: 019-629-6106

For universities and private schools

You may contact the individual school with any questions you have.


Office of International Affairs, Department of Homeland Promotion
(020-8570) 10-1 Uchimaru, Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, JAPAN
Phone number:019-629-5765 Facsimile:019-629-5254
You can access our question form here.