Where do I go if I need help?


ページ番号1006973  更新日 令和6年5月10日



Call 119 in case of emergency (medical/crime/fire/accident).

Daily life issues

Life can be tough as a foreign resident in Japan, and sometimes you might not know where to turn to. Give a call or a visit to the Iwate International Association and they’ll be able to point you in the right direction.



Confidential consultation with an expert advisor

The Iwate International Association has an administrative scrivener (行政書士、gyousei shoshi, expert on immigration and other matters) come once a month to give free consultations to foreign residents.

Date and time: The third Wednesday of the month, 15:00-18:00
Place: Aiina 5F International Exchange Center
Aiina is right outside the west exit of Morioka Station.

Reservations are required. Please call 019-654-8900.

You may also contact the Iwate Gyousei Shoshi Lawyer’s Association in Japanese. Call 019-623-1555.

Healthcare and Medical Matters

Immigration and Legal Offices at the #2 Morioka Government Building

There are a number of offices that you may need to visit during your time here. The building itself is right outside the west exit of Morioka Station.

Immigration Bureau

Please refer any questions about visas and statuses of residence to the Immigration Bureau.

Morioka District Legal Affairs Bureau (盛岡法務局, Morioka Houmukyoku)

Legal Affairs Bureaus deal with registrations (land, buildings, companies), koseki matters (such as naturalization), human rights, and more.

Main branch
Phone: 019-624-1141
Hours: Weekdays,8:30-17:15
Homepage(JPN only)

Address: Morioka #2 Government Building, 1-9-15 Nishidori, Morioka Station, Morioka

There are branches throughout Iwate; please check here for a complete list.

*Japanese language only please

Iwate Labor Bureau(岩手労働局)

Please inquire with the Iwate Labor Bureau when facing a labor dispute and they will forward you to your local office. The office can only use Japanese, so please contact the Iwate International Association for advice regarding legal matters in other languages.

Main branch
Phone: 0120-980-783
Hours: Weekdays, 9時00分-17時00分
Homepage(JPN only)

Address: Morioka #2 Government Building, 1-9-15 Nishidori, Morioka Station, Morioka

*Japanese language only please

Driver’s License

Please refer any questions about getting a driver’s license to the Iwate Prefectural Driver’s License Centers.

  • Driver’s License Testing Facility (Morioka, Tamagawa-ku) 019-683-1251
  • Morioka Driver’s License Center (within Aiina) 019-606-1251
  • Southern Driver’s License Center (Oshu) 0197-44-3511
  • Coastal Driver’s License Center (Ofunato) 0193-23-1515
  • Northern Driver’s License Center (Kuji) 0194-52-0613

*Japanese language only.


Other International Associations

There are a number of smaller international associations throughout all of Iwate. Most municipalities have an international association, but not all of them have a web presence. You can see a complete list here (JPN only).

Questions about municipal procedures (notifications and certificates)


Office of International Affairs, Department of Homeland Promotion
(020-8570) 10-1 Uchimaru, Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, JAPAN
Phone number:019-629-5765 Facsimile:019-629-5254
You can access our question form here.