From the National Governor’s Association - Let’s all work to suppress the rapid spread of COVID-19, and get over this crisis
Movement between regions has caused a rapid, exponential growth of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The entire country is currently in a state of crisis. We’d like to ask residents of Japan to cooperate with and keep in mind the following items:
Travel between regions leads to the spread of infection
- Please choose to halt or postpone any travel over prefectural lines during state of emergency declarations and periods of manbo strict containment policies, including to those prefectures which are currently under a state of emergency, have enacted strict containment policies, or otherwise where infections are spreading.
- If you must cross prefectural borders, be thorough in preventing the spread of the disease at your destination, and be sure to get a PCR test before you go.
- The Delta variant of COVID-19 is highly infectious and has spread throughout the entire country. Be extremely vigilant and refrain from unnecessary outings.
- Please wear a non-woven face masks, avoid the three C’s (closed spaces, crowded places, close contact), and otherwise thoroughly work to prevent infection, even if you have already received the vaccine.
- Avoid gatherings that involve drinking/eating, large groups of people, or long amounts of time. Even with small groups and short periods, do not talk loudly or otherwise cause a commotion as this can lead to the spread of infectious droplets.
- Basic prevention methods are truly the most important measure. Be sure to wash your hands, disinfect hands and fingers, wear a mask, practice coughing etiquette, and ventilate your spaces.
- If you have a fever, cough, or otherwise feel unwell, quickly call a medical facility to get evaluated.
To Business Owners
- Please do your best to comply with prefectural requests to reduce business hours and alcohol-serving hours for restaurants.
- Continue to promote staggered working times and teleworking.
- Make it easy for people who are not feeling well to take the day off.
August 20, 2021
National Governor’s Association
Office of International Affairs, Department of Homeland Promotion
(020-8570) 10-1 Uchimaru, Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, JAPAN
Phone number:019-629-5765 Facsimile:019-629-5254
You can access our question form here.