Implementation of Recuperating at Home
In principle, recuperation is limited to approved hotel facilities or hospitals. However, recuperating at home is possible if deemed appropriate.
Environment Required for Recuperating at Home
During periods of rapid spread of infection, recuperating at home is being implemented for those who fulfill all of the following:
- Deemed to be asymptomatic, or displaying mild symptoms
- Do not require hospitalization
- Have a low chance of spreading the virus to family members (for example, anyone who lives alive, or anyone who has the ability to isolate in separate rooms)
Important Points to Remember When Starting to Recuperate at Home
- Going outside during your recuperation period is strictly forbidden.
- If you have underlying medical conditions and are regularly prescribed medication or receive regular medical treatments, or you are about to give birth, please call your primary doctor to request the appropriate treatment.
- Seeing a doctor without calling beforehand while infected has a chance of causing an outbreak in the hospital and this may cause a strain on the medical system.
- Please have full understanding of the rules to ensure you are not bringing the virus to our medical facilities
- Using delivery services to receive daily necessities and food is allowed, however please do not directly receive them in person.
How to Monitor Your Health
Please monitor your health everyday while you are recuperating at home.
- Please measure your temperature using your own thermometer, and your oxygen levels using the pulse oximeter (measures the amount of oxygen saturated in your blood) provided by the public health center, 2-3 times a day.
- Please report your health condition through My-HER-SYS on your smartphone if you are able to do so
- If you are unable to do so, you will receive a call once a day to check up on your health. During these calls, please inform us of your health condition.
- If you feel unwell, please contact the public health center immediately.
End of Recuperation Period
Your local public health center will contact you when it is time to finish your recuperation period.
Please promptly return the pulse oximeter once your recuperation period is over.
Important: Even if the oximeter is broken, please return the device.
Iwate Health Monitoring Support Center
- 1 Operational Start Date
- Friday February 4th, 2022
- 2 Location
- Within the Prefectural Office
- 3 Operations Description
- Health monitoring of those recuperating at home, providing consultations and arranging delivery of food supplies when required
- 4 Operating Hours
9am - 5pm
Important: Please contact your local public health center for any night emergencies
- 5 Others
- The above responsibilties may be conducted by a public health center or an assisting medical facility
- As the above call center is Japanese only, the Iwate Support Center for Foreign Residents are able to assist with any general queries
Iwate Support Center for Foreign Residents
Operations hours: 9am - 8pm
(daily, except for end-of-the-year holidays and other specified days)
For Japanese, English or Chinese: 9am to 8pm (daily)
For Spanish: 9am to 4pm (Saturdays)
Please contact us for consultations in other languages
Office of International Affairs, Department of Homeland Promotion
(020-8570) 10-1 Uchimaru, Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, JAPAN
Phone number:019-629-5765 Facsimile:019-629-5254
You can access our question form here.